Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A new year resolution as of 19 November, 2013

All of a sudden the year is almost over and I've not prioritized time for my blog. My bad. This will change. I am making my new year resolution to precede my DREAD THE FRED book launch scheduled for 23 November, 2013.  Blame for lack of posting:

  • fear of blogging:  Yes, I fear that my posts will not be as interesting as the competition so I've been the shy one.  
  • priority given to others: As the RA for SCBWI-Missouri, I've spent more time attending to others' concerns than my own
  • throes of editing DREAD THE FRED:  That has caused brain lockup on many occasions, and the un-lock is thanks to Sharon Kizziah Holmes and her hybrid publishing company, Paperback Press
  • my NFP work:  Sadly, I'm blaming my Ella Art Company charity, altho it hasn't received as much quality time as needed to raise funds for my local Alzheimer's projects.  But I've affiliated with the Community Foundation of the Ozarks, set up a GoFundMe campaign, and have a fund-raiser going this month in Lebanon, MO. Guilt over for that.
  • knee surgery in May: the effects of painkillers are nasty; can't imagine why some get addicted to that stuff so I got off asap and that made me a poster child for knee surgery in Springfield, MO. At least within Dr. Mahnken's office.
  • laziness:  or situational depression, which loops back to throes of book manuscript editing ...but that is over so happy face here.
And on with the show, otherwise knows as The Book Launch for DREAD THE FRED!

No comments: